It is that time of year, and we shall once again be parading the Club’s colours at the USQ Toowoomba campus Student Life Expo this Wednesday.
We have had a number of folk exit out of the University system this year, which will make both the staffing of our stall and demonstration area a little more difficult, and make it more important to recruit new members so that we maintain our minimum number of current registered students and current staff in order to maintain our affiliation with USQ Student Life.
We shall be doing our standard procedure of setting up a demo area in the Quad (weather dependent) and have a booth inside the refectory to take details of folk interested in what we do. While the busiest period is always between 11.30 and 1.30pm, we will still need assistance:
- packing up the trailer on Tuesday night at the MEAC. We will be doing this from 6.00pm sharp and will require at least four volunteers to make this relatively efficient.
- “Bumping in” on Wednesday from 8.30 am
- Staffing either the booth or the demo area till 3 pm
- “Bumping out” from around 2.30 pm
- Restocking the MEAC and setting up for evening training from 6 pm
A number of you have already indicated your availability (or lack thereof) for these various times, but if you haven’t, please do so ASAP so that we can take an appropriate amount of gear with us and draw up a roster for the day.
Even if you can’t make it past for Wednesday, please spread the word and try to flush as many people past us as you can. Remember that the Club is only as strong as its membership, and the more folk we have engaging in the various activities we support, the better an experience everyone at the Club enjoys!