Coming up very soon, on Saturday 22 September 2018, Club members will be participating in a demonstration of our various martial arts in the Toowoomba Japanese Gardens (Ju Raku En). This is an advertised Carnival of Flowers event and will be a smaller, shorter version of what we did most recently for the Toowoomba Languages and Culture Festival.
The idea has been floated in our Club for a number of years as a sort of mini-Matsuri (Japanese Festival) and is a great chance to show off the new Taiko drums and our various arts again to the wider community.
Our timetable will look something like:
- 8 – 9am pick up mats and equipment from MEAC
- 9 – 10am bump in: set-up of matted area, gazebo and taiko drums
- 10 – 1pm rotation of martial arts demonstrations on the matted area and drum performances and practice sessions
- 1 – 1.30pm pack up and be out of the Garden by 1.30pm to allow a later wedding to set up.
- 1.30pm – 2pm return mats and equipment to MEAC
As several of our usual members and demonstrators (Michael B, Minty, Kateena, Sean T and Jack) will be away at the Gold Coast for the Kendo and Judo Uni Games, it would be fabulous if as many people who are available could come along to the Japanese Gardens to show our skills in a beautiful spot! We will be in the flat wisteria area.
Please consider joining in this event and making it a fun morning! Our thanks go to the wonderful Wanita at Phoenix Central for booking the Japanese Garden on our behalf!
Would those who may be available on Saturday 22.9 to participate, please let me (Sian) know asap? Also if you could let me know if you have a vehicle and/or trailer available for transporting equipment to and from the MEAC – as several of our usual transports are either on the Coast or already allocated for taiko equipment.